This form is for graduate students wishing to repeat a course in which they earned a grade of D or F. The following are the criteria that must be met:
- A graduate student may repeat up to two courses in which they earned a grade of D or F.
- The decision to repeat a course is made between the student and the advisor/major professor.
- Each course may only be repeated once.
- The original and repeat grades will be included in the calculation of the cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- Credit hours will only be counted once towards meeting degree/program requirements.
Programs may prohibit students from repeating courses.
Instructions for Graduate Students
- Fill out all requested fields on the form.
- Be certain to provide the NetID of your Department Head or Director of Graduate Studies to co-sign your petition. You may look up Department Head or Director of Graduate Studies NetIDs.
- Electronically sign the form as indicated.
- Submit the form so that it can be sent to your co-signer and the Graduate School for further processing.