Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue

After Admission

Once you’ve been admitted to a graduate program, what’s next?

Submit Official Transcripts

When you applied, you were asked to upload copies of your transcripts. Now that you have been admitted, you must submit official transcripts. Your official transcript(s) will need to be received before you may enroll for your second term.

If you previously attended UT, you will not need to request an official UT transcript.

Set Up NetID and Vol Email

In order to get access to MyUTK and other applications and services at UT, you will need to look up your NetID and set a password. Then, you can check your Vol Email account. If you have any questions, contact the OIT Helpdesk.

Check for EVEA Requirement

If you have the Eligibility Verification for Entitlements Act (EVEA) requirement, you will need to submit documentation that proves US Citizenship or lawful presence as required by state law. To find out if you have this requirement, access your MyUTK account with your NetID and password. Check “All Messages” for the EVEA Citizen Verification Required notice. For information on EVEA and how to submit documentation please visit OneStop or contact Tina Wicker in the Office of Graduate Admissions at Required documents may be sent via the UT Vault to

ITA Testing Program

All prospective teaching assistants and associates whose native language is not English must take and pass the oral proficiency test, OPIc, before assuming teaching responsibilities. This test is scheduled and administered by the ITA Testing Program. The English Placement requirement does not serve as a waiver for the OPIc.

Register for Classes

Contact your program’s department for details on advising and registration. If you’re not sure who to contact, look up your Director of Graduate Studies.

Get Oriented

The Graduate School works with the Graduate Student Senate to develop an orientation for new graduate students, as well as an orientation for new graduate teaching assistants. Check with the Graduate School for dates and times for these orientations. Visit our Graduate Student Life section for information and resources about life as a graduate student at UT.