Gorgeous scenery and a thriving city combining big-city amenities and small-town charm. Wouldn’t you like to make Knoxville your home while pursuing your degree?
Knoxville’s downtown is the place to be for great restaurants, local breweries, unique shops, and world-class entertainment. Just a start:
- Visit the Market Square Farmer’s Market for local produce and crafts.
- Take in a show at the Tennessee Theatre or the Bijou.
- Walk through the art installations in Krutch Park.
- Check out galleries like the Art Market and the Emporium, especially on First Friday.
- Enjoy the spectacular view from the Sunsphere in World’s Fair Park.
There is much more to Knoxville than just the downtown, however.
- Knoxville Museum of Art
- The Knoxville Museum of Art celebrates the rich cultural visual diversity in East Tennessee and explores its connections with a larger world. There are both permanent and rotating exhibits that include artists outside of the area, as well as UT artists.
- Knoxville Zoo
- Zoo Knoxville has a strong focus on being an integral part of the largest conservation movement in the world. They strive to maintain a healthy, genetically diverse population in zoos in order to help protect these animals from extinction.