Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue

Permission to Take a Graduate Course Overload

This form is for graduate students wishing to take course hours beyond the 15 credit hours standard for a single term.


  1. Fill out all fields, being sure to do the following:
    • Provide the courses you intend to take beyond 15 credit hours.
    • Provide a justification for taking the number of hours you intend to take as an overload.
    • Provide the NetID for either your major advisor, your graduate program director, or the Director of Graduate Studies for your program.
  2. Electronically sign the form, and submit the form, so that it will be sent to the advisor, graduate program director or Director of Graduate Studies.