The Best Practices in Teaching program provides opportunities to discuss teaching-related issues with new and experienced faculty and peers from across the university.
The program will offer seven sessions in the fall and spring including:
- January 27—Introduction to Best Practices in Teaching: Some Things You Need to Know About UT Undergraduate Students
- February 3—Preparing a Good Syllabus and Constructing a Teaching Portfolio
- February 10—Available Resources for Student Academic Success
- February 17—How to Incorporate Writing Assignments and Oral Presentations in Your Classes
- February 24—Library and Office of Information Technology Resources for Teaching
- March 3—Inclusive in the Classroom: Teaching in the 21st Century
- March 10—Making Mentoring Work for You in Your Academic/Research/Professional Career
Individuals interested in the program need to register at the beginning of the term in which they plan to participate. For more information and to register for the program go to tiny.utk.edu/bpit.