The Center for Student Engagement (CSE) creates inclusive and innovative opportunities for students to build connections and create community through meaningful involvement, personal development, and co-curricular learning to enhance their Volunteer experience. The CSE staff serve in an advisory capacity over the Campus Events Board, which plans and implements 80–100 campus events per year, as well as provides support for registered student organizations (450+). This role will primarily be involved in graphic design, general marketing material creation, and dissemination for the department. This position reports to the Coordinator for Student Programming.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Content, design, and distribution of campus-wide publications to market and
communicate campus events and engagement opportunities for the department
- Advise and collaborate with student leaders on group event design requests
- Create media kits for large scale events and programs
- Manage digital marketing efforts for events including digital screens, calendars, VOLink events, etc.
- Assist with the management the CSE website and social media accounts
- Manage the weekly CSE newsletter
- Serve as liaison to campus printing services and advertising outlets
- Assist with developing promotional plan each semester
- Reconcile and update printing budget
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing strategies, techniques, and ability to develop marketing materials
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, or other design software and experience with Canva
- Experience utilizing social media analytics for effective social media outreach
- Ability to work well on a team and in a college environment, possess a strong work ethic with an emphasis on quality and timeliness, have excellent communication skills, and maintain appropriate professionalism with colleagues and students.
Position will be responsible for working 20 hours per week. The position will provide a full tuition waiver, monthly stipend of approximately $1,500, and optional health insurance. Position involves occasional night and weekend work.
Submit your resume and sample portfolio to Jordan Smith-Porter (email@example.com) or Dianna Foulke (Dfoulke@utk.edu). The position is a 1-year appointment with a flexible start date of June 1–July 1. There is opportunity for an additional second year based on performance.
Find more assistantships on our Graduate Assistantships page.