This application is for undergraduate seniors who intend to apply to graduate school and are registering a course for which graduate credit is offered. By submitting this application, you are declaring your intention to use this course for credit towards your graduate degree program.
The deadline for this application is the deadline for undergraduate final registration. Check One Stop for the deadlines that apply to the semester for the course you have included in this application.
You may only apply for graduate credit if all of the following are true:
- You are currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate senior at the University of Tennessee with a minimum 3.0 grade-point average (GPA).
- You are a senior who needs fewer than 30 semester hours to complete the requirements for your bachelor’s degree.
- You are requesting graduate credit for the course listed in your application.
- The number of credit hours registered will not exceed 18 semester hours for fall/spring or 12 semester hours for summer.
- You understand that courses taken for graduate credit cannot be used towards both a baccalaureate and a graduate degree.
- You understand that there is a maximum of 9 hours of graduate credit that can be obtained at the 400 and/or 500 level.
If you meet the criteria outlined above, you are eligible to request permission to earn graduate credit. Please complete the following steps:
- After you register for the course, complete all information on this form, being sure to list the title and CRN for the course that you wish to take for graduate credit.
- Print the form.
- Provide your signature, the signature of your major advisor, and the signature of the instructor.
- Deliver this form and a copy of your schedule to the Graduate School before the undergraduate deadline for final registration, or your advisor can scan and email the form with your schedule to email@example.com.
- If your request is approved, you will receive e-mail notification.
- Upon notification that your request has been approved, check your registration schedule.