Students should use this form when needing to request a change to their registration, specifically adding and/or dropping a course. This form should only be used if the deadline for dropping and adding courses for the desired term has passed. Since this change is occurring after the change of registration deadline, the requesting student must demonstrate that the request is based on circumstances beyond the student’s control.
With this form, a student may request to:
- Add or drop a single course
- Change the number of credit hours registered for a single course
- Change the section for a single course
Be aware that you may be charged a late fee for this change, and you may be charged additional fees as a result of a change in credit hours. Contact the Bursar’s Office for details.
Instructions for Student
- Fill out all fields on the form in the Student section. You are encouraged to work with the course instructor or your advisor in filling out the details.
- Provide a brief justification for the late change of registration.
- Print the form and sign it where indicated.
- If the instructor endorses your request, ask them to sign and date where indicated, checking the box that indicates their endorsement.
- Deliver the signed form to your Director of Graduate Studies. If your Director of Graduate Studies endorses your request, they will send it to the Graduate School.
Instructions for Director of Graduate Studies
- Review the information on the form provided by the student.
- If you endorse the request, please check the box indicating your endorsement and sign and date where indicated.
- Deliver the form to the Graduate School either by scanning the form and emailing to email@example.com or by mail. Note that this form will not be accepted if it comes from any email address other than your UT email account.