This information pertains to prospective students who have never been graduate students at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
- Please confirm the correct name of your graduate degree or certificate program by viewing our list of programs. This will ensure that you apply for the right program when you submit your application.
- Create your account on ApplyWeb, our online application system, and begin completing the admission application.
- Scan and upload copies of transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended. If you are a current or previous student at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, you do not need to upload a copy of your transcript. Our office will be able to access your transcript. However, you will need to include The University of Tennessee, Knoxville in your list of colleges/universities attended. Transcripts that are in a language other than English must be accompanied by English translations.
- Upload degree certificates (if applicable).
- Upload departmental/program requirements as indicated in the online application system.
- Pay the $60 non-refundable application fee by credit/debit card or electronic check.
Applicants whose native language is not English must:
- Submit official TOEFL scores directly from ETS to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville (code 1843) OR
- Submit official IELTS scores directly from the IELTS administrator to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
Making Corrections to Your Application
To make corrections or changes to an existing application, please contact your admission specialist. DO NOT submit another online application.