This information pertains to prospective students who have never been graduate students at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
- Please confirm the correct name of your graduate degree or certificate program by viewing our list of programs. This will ensure that you apply for the right program when you submit your application.
- Create your account on Slate, our online application system, and begin completing the admission application.
- Scan and upload copies of transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended.
- Upload degree certificates (if applicable).
- Upload departmental/program requirements as indicated in the online application system.
- Pay the $60 non-refundable application fee by credit/debit card.
Applicants who must submit English certification test scores must request that official TOEFL or IELTS scores be sent directly to UT (code 1843 / Graduate Admissions).
Making Corrections to Your Application
To make corrections or changes to an existing application, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions. DO NOT submit another online application.