The Office of Graduate Training and Mentorship (OGTM) was developed to enhance and sustain a culture for academic success and professional development of graduate students. In an effort to assist graduate departments with this mission, the OGTM provides the following services:
- Assist with coordination of recruitment and retention efforts
- Identify and create diversity resources and initiatives that strengthen faculty mentoring and support retention of underrepresented populations in a variety of fields of study across campus
- Collaborates with other members of the Graduate School executive staff and related offices to collect and maintain data (e.g., enrollment, graduation, surveys) for tracking and required reporting and for faculty writing grants
- Collaborates with the Office of Research and faculty from various units across campus to coordinate training in grant development
- Collaborates with the Office of Research and faculty from various units across campus to coordinate responsible conduct of research
- Assist with building faculty-student collaborative research teams and interdisciplinary projects
Ernest L. Brothers, Associate Dean of the Graduate School, oversees the Office of Graduate Training and Mentorship in the Graduate School.
Funding and Training Opportunities
Graduate Research Assistantship in the Graduate School - The Graduate School is currently seeking a graduate student for an assistantship in recruitment and communication.
Graduate Assistantship in Student Engagement - The Center for Student Engagement is looking for a graduate assistant to be involved in graphic design and general marketing material creation.
GTA Position in University Honors - University Honors is seeking a GTA to assist with communications, community services and student engagement, and leading one Honors Alternative Break each year.
GTA Position in Integrated Engineering Design - The Interdisciplinary Senior Design program is looking for a GTA to guide EF 437/438 seniors as they transition from academia to professional practice.
GRA Position in Comparative and Experimental Medicine - Mohamed Abouelkhair, director of the Immunology/Virology/Molecular Diagnostic Laboratories, is looking for a GRA to join his lab.