The Office of Graduate Training and Mentorship (OGTM) was developed to enhance and sustain a culture for academic success and professional development of graduate students. In an effort to assist graduate departments with this mission, the OGTM provides the following services:
- Assist with coordination of recruitment and retention efforts
- Identify and create diversity resources and initiatives that strengthen faculty mentoring and support retention of underrepresented populations in a variety of fields of study across campus
- Collaborates with other members of the Graduate School executive staff and related offices to collect and maintain data (e.g., enrollment, graduation, surveys) for tracking and required reporting and for faculty writing grants
- Collaborates with the Office of Research and faculty from various units across campus to coordinate training in grant development
- Collaborates with the Office of Research and faculty from various units across campus to coordinate responsible conduct of research
- Assist with building faculty-student collaborative research teams and interdisciplinary projects
Ernest L. Brothers, Associate Dean of the Graduate School, oversees the Office of Graduate Training and Mentorship in the Graduate School.
Funding and Training Opportunities
Graduate Assistantship in New Student Orientation - The Office of New Student Orientation is looking for a graduate assistant to help prepare new students for their Volunteer experience.
Graduate Assistantship in Undergraduate Research and Fellowships - Undergraduate Research & Fellowships is looking for a graduate assistant to assist with their support for undergraduate researchers.
Spring 2023 Student Faculty Research Awards - The Student Faculty Research Awards are used to advance the scholarship of graduate students and faculty working in partnership. Read some of the proposal summaries of the student/faculty pairs who were selected to receive the awards this spring.
GRA Position in the Office of Title IX - The Office of Title IX at UT invites applicants for a Graduate Assistant who will assist with student support and special projects.
Digital Communications Graduate Assistantship - UT's Office of Communications and Marketing is seeking to fill a Digital Communications graduate assistant position with an anticipated start date of June 2023.