The Office of Graduate Training and Mentorship (OGTM) was developed to enhance and sustain a culture for academic success and professional development of graduate students. In an effort to assist graduate departments with this mission, the OGTM provides the following services:
- Assist with coordination of recruitment and retention efforts
- Identify and create diversity resources and initiatives that strengthen faculty mentoring and support retention of underrepresented populations in a variety of fields of study across campus
- Collaborates with other members of the Graduate School executive staff and related offices to collect and maintain data (e.g., enrollment, graduation, surveys) for tracking and required reporting and for faculty writing grants
- Collaborates with the Office of Research and faculty from various units across campus to coordinate training in grant development
- Collaborates with the Office of Research and faculty from various units across campus to coordinate responsible conduct of research
- Assist with building faculty-student collaborative research teams and interdisciplinary projects
Ernest L. Brothers, Associate Dean of the Graduate School, oversees the Office of Graduate Training and Mentorship in the Graduate School.