For all doctoral candidates and many master’s candidates, the creation of the dissertation or thesis is the capstone of their graduate career and signifies the completion of the requirements for graduation. The Graduate School will help students in this process to keep it as smooth and worry-free as possible.
The Coordinator of Student Services will be available through Zoom through August 18. Students needing assistance can email email@example.com for an appointment or drop in between noon and 4pm.
The Coordinator of Student Services is available to assist in many areas:
- to show students resources for research approval and understanding of copyright
- to demonstrate how to use iThenticate to validate the work
- to outline the approval process
- to ensure that theses and dissertations conform to the formatting requirements of the University of Tennessee
- to provide guidance in submitting the work to TRACE
- to simplify the completion of the Survey of Earned Doctorates
- to explain the policies around the public availability of theses and dissertations
Besides the information provided on the web, there are workshops offered periodically by the Graduate School and the Office of Information Technology that can give more personal instruction.