The Graduate Research Assistant for Assessment Programs and Collection Strategy (APCS) works on a variety of collaborative and independent projects. Projects may include overseeing recurring processes, assisting with usage data compilation and library assessments, evaluating electronic and physical collection resources, chairing meetings, and preparing literature reviews and reports. This assistantship is designed to provide graduate students in the School of Information Sciences with hands-on professional experience. Working with other members of APCS, the position identifies and pursues research interests that align with those of the department faculty.
Assessment Programs and Collection Strategy is responsible for facilitating continual improvement in the Libraries’ services, spaces, and collection resources through evidence-based decision-making, as well as illustrating the value of the Libraries.
This Graduate Research Assistant position is a 25 percent fulltime equivalent, twelve month appointment, working 10 hours per week between August 1, 2024 and July 31, 2025. Salary is $1,077.83/month, in addition to a full tuition waiver. Additional details about benefits can be found in the Policy for the Administration of Graduate Assistantships.
The following are the required qualifications for this position. All qualified candidates must:
- be a current graduate student in the School of Information Sciences
- have experience using Microsoft Excel
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- have the ability to work independently
Preferred candidates will also have:
- experience working with an integrated library system
- experience editing websites
- experience analyzing and visualizing data
- understanding of MARC records
- availability for a work schedule that includes some regular business hours of Monday–Friday, 8am–5pm
Please email your cover letter and resume with references to Jennie Mezick, Head, Assessment Programs and Collection Strategy (email@example.com).
In your cover letter, indicate your qualifications for the position. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
For more available positions, please visit the Graduate Assistantships page.