This form is used by Doctoral candidates and Master’s candidates in a thesis program to receive approval of their thesis or dissertation, as a requirement for graduation. Candidates should have already submitted a thesis to Trace electronically.
- Fill out all fields on the form, being certain to provide the complete and accurate title of the dissertation or thesis. Note that this title will appear on your transcript exactly as typed in this field.
- If you wish to request a one-year embargo that will delay the posting of your electronic thesis or dissertation (ETD), please fill out the fields under Embargo Request, being sure to provide a justification for the embargo. For more details on the Embargo Policy, please see the Graduate School website. Be certain to sign where indicated, and get your advisor’s signature.
- Print the form and initial the items on top of the second page.
- Get all committee members to sign where indicated. If you are having difficulty getting original signatures, please contact the Graduate School at 865-974-2475 (email@example.com), and we can help find a solution.
- Deliver the form to the Graduate School either by delivering it personally or sending the form by mail. It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that the form has been delivered to the Graduate School by the deadline date.