This form is used by doctoral candidates who are preparing to schedule their dissertation/capstone defense, as part of the requirements for graduation.
Remember that doctoral candidates must schedule their dissertation/capstone defense no later than one week prior to their defense. Check the graduation deadlines for the specific deadline for the term in which you intend to graduate.
- Fill out all fields on the form, using as many committee member fields as necessary (no signatures are necessary).
- Be sure to include the location, date and time of the defense.
- Check with your department to see if they want a copy. If so, ensure that they get a copy before you
send to the Graduate School.
- Deliver the form to the Graduate School in one of three ways:
- Take the form to the Graduate School personally.
- Send the form to the Graduate School by mail.
- Scan form and email it to email@example.com.
If you or any of your committee members will be participating remotely, please ensure that you have completed a Remote Participation Notification form prior to the defense.