This form is to be completed by the Master’s, Educational Specialist or DSW Committee when the graduate student has completed the final examination for the degree or has defended the thesis/project/capstone. The Pass/Fail form is used to communicate the results of the final examination/defense of thesis/project/capstone from the student’s Committee to the Graduate School.
In the semester in which graduation is expected, the graduate student must submit the Pass/Fail form with the Graduate School or confirm with the Graduate School that the form was received by the academic department.
- The major professor completes the information on the form related to the student (name, identification number, degree, date of examination, results of examination).
- The major professor and the other members of the committee sign the form, indicating the decision of the committee about the results of the examination. Electronic signatures can be used for this form, if desired.
- The Pass/Fail form with original signatures is submitted to the Graduate School in 111 Student Services Building. If electronic signatures are applied, it is emailed to email@example.com. If original signatures are used, it is brought to the Graduate School in 111 Student Services Building. At this time, the Graduate School cannot accept scanned copies of this form.
- Only original or electronic signatures of the approved Committee members, as noted on the Admission to Candidacy form, will be accepted.
- The Pass/Fail form with original or electronic signatures must be submitted in person or by email.
- No signatures will be accepted from an individual other than the approved Committee members, including the academic department head’s signature for an absent committee member.
- The Pass/Fail form must include the date of the examination, including month, day, and year.