This form is to be completed by the Master’s, Educational Specialist or DSW Committee when the graduate student has completed the final examination for the degree or has defended the thesis/project/capstone. The Pass/Fail form is used to communicate the results of the final examination/defense of thesis/project/capstone from the student’s Committee to the Graduate School.
In the semester in which graduation is expected, the graduate student must submit the Pass/Fail form with the Graduate School or confirm with the Graduate School that the form was received by the academic department.
- The major professor completes the information on the form related to the student (name, identification number, degree, date of examination, results of examination).
- The major professor and the other members of the committee sign the form, indicating the decision of the committee about the results of the examination.
- The Pass/Fail form with original signatures is submitted to the Graduate School in 111 Student Services Building.
- Only original signatures of the approved Committee members, as noted on the Admission to Candidacy form, will be accepted.
- The Pass/Fail form with original signatures must be submitted. Faxed copies will not be accepted. If you are having difficulty getting original signatures, please contact the Graduate School at 865-974-2475 (firstname.lastname@example.org), and we can help find a solution.
- No signatures will be accepted from an individual other than the approved Committee members, including the academic department head’s signature for an absent committee member.
- The Pass/Fail form must include the date of the examination, including month, day, and year.