This form is to be completed by the Doctoral Committee when the graduate student has completed the final examination for the degree or has defended the dissertation. The Pass/Fail form is used to communicate the results of the final examination or the defense of dissertation from the student’s Committee to the Graduate School.
In the semester in which graduation is expected, the graduate student must submit the Pass/Fail form to the Graduate School or confirm with the Graduate School that the form was received by the academic department.
- The major professor completes the information on the form related to the student (name, identification number, degree, date of examination, results of examination).
- The major professor and the other members of the committee sign the form, indicating the decision of the committee about the results of the examination. Electronic signatures can be used for this form, if desired.
- The Pass/Fail form with signatures is emailed to email@example.com.
- Electronic signatures of the approved Committee members, as noted on the Admission to Candidacy form, will be accepted. If you are unable to collect electronic signatures, your committee can sign/type/stamp the form, but the completed form must be submitted to the Graduate School by the department (no student submissions will be accepted).
- The Pass/Fail form with signatures must be submitted by email from a department representative.
- No signatures will be accepted from an individual other than the approved Committee members, including the academic department head’s signature for an absent committee member.
- The Pass/Fail form must include the date of the examination, including month, day, and year.