The Graduate Restart Program is intended to assist former University of Tennessee graduate students whose cumulative UT graduate grade point average (GPA) is below a 2.00 to re-enroll in a degree program or graduate certificate program without having to overcome the burden of previous unsatisfactory academic performance. To be eligible for the program, a period of at least 3 years (36 months) must have elapsed since the former student’s last enrollment. Students can apply to their previous graduate program, or a different graduate program under the Graduate Restart Program. This form is required as part of the application process for the Graduate Restart program.
Instructions for Student
- Fill out all fields on the form in the Student section.
- Adequately answer the three questions listed on this form as part of your Graduate Restart petition. You may use additional pages to complete each question, if needed.
- Sign the form using an electronic signature (visit the Graduate School for instructions on this process).
- Save the form and email it to the department head or director of graduate studies who is supporting your petition.
- If the department head or director of graduate studies endorses your request, they will need to send it to the Graduate School at email@example.com.
Instructions for Department Head or Director of Graduate Studies
- Review the information on the form provided by the student.
- Please check the box indicating your acknowledgement and endorsement for the petition and sign the form under Department Head/Director of Graduate Studies.
- After saving the form, email the form to the Assistant Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of “Graduate Restart Petition Form”. Note this form will not be acceptable if it comes from any email address other than your UT email account.