Under extraordinary circumstances, an embargo may be extended for one additional 12-month period. A former student wishing to extend the embargo of the thesis or dissertation must submit an additional request at least two weeks before the end of the embargo period. A reason for the embargo renewal must be included in the space provided. All renewal requests must be approved by the Dean of the Graduate School.
- Fill out the form, being sure to provide both the title of the thesis/dissertation and the justification for the renewal request, as well as contact information for the major professor.
- Obtain your signature and the signatures of the major professor, using either physical signatures (with a pen) or electronic signatures (visit the Graduate School for details on this process). To use electronic signatures, email the file to the major professor, and they will email it back to you.
- Deliver the signed form to the Graduate School. If you use electronic signatures, email the form with all signatures to email@example.com. Otherwise, scan the original, signed form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Major Professor Instructions
When you receive a form to sign by a student, sign and return it in one of the following ways:
- If the student sent a file by email that allows you to use electronic signatures, apply your signature (see the Graduate School for details on this process), and email the saved form back to the student.
- If the student sent a file that does not allow you to use an electronic signature, print it, sign it, scan it, and email it back to the student.
- If the student brought the form to you personally, simply sign with a pen and return it.
If you are having difficulty getting signatures, please contact the Graduate School at 865-974-2475 (email@example.com), and we can help find a solution.