Graduate certificate programs provide focused areas of study for the following types of students:
- students who are pursuing other academic programs at the master’s or doctoral level
- students who have already earned a master’s degree or a doctorate
- students who are post-baccalaureate and enrolled solely in graduate certificate programs
If you are new to UT, and are interested in a graduate certificate program, you will first need to apply for acceptance into the Graduate School, as with any other graduate program. If you are a previously-enrolled UT graduate student, you will need to be readmitted to the Graduate School.
If you are currently enrolled at UT, you have two options:
- Add-on Option: add a graduate certificate program to your current degree program, or
- Stand-Alone Option: apply to a graduate certificate program following graduation from your current degree program
Students should apply for an add-on certificate prior to the completion of six-semester hours towards the certificate requirements.
In either case, you can do that through the Office of Graduate Admissions, as shown below.
- Log into the Graduate Admissions application portal, as you did when applying to your degree program.
- Select that you are a currently enrolled student and that you are degree-seeking.
- Select either the add-on certificate option or the stand-alone certificate option when selecting your graduate certificate program.
- Ensure that you have fulfilled any requirements as indicated in the online application.
- If you are choosing the stand-alone option, pay the $30 non-refundable fee by credit/debit card or electronic check.
- Submit the online application.
Making Corrections to Your Application
To make corrections or changes to an existing Graduate School application, please contact Gayle Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org). DO NOT submit another online application.