The Graduate School is responsible for managing centrally funded waivers, and there is information related to that which may be helpful for staff in colleges and departments that work with financial matters. The following resources are to provide Graduate School guidance on working with centrally funded waivers, fellowships, and assistantships.
Central Fee Waivers
- Overview of Fellowships
This provides an overview of all of the fellowships and can serve as a glossary.
- Fellowships and Financial Aid
This document discusses the impacts (student loans, taxes) resulting from the handling of fellowships through Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- FY19 Tennessee Fellowship for Graduate Excellence Reimbursements
This spreadsheet is to be use to provide information about Tennessee Fellows receiving tuition reimbursements.
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program
This slide presentation provides information about the NSF GRFP.
- Requirements for Assistantship Letters
- Sample Assistantship Offer Letters
- Graduate Assistant Minimum Stipends (Effective August 2018)
- Graduate Student Transcript Authorization for Graduate Teaching Associates
- Additional Pay Request for Graduate Students on Assistantships
- Start Date for New Students in 12-Month Assistantship Positions
- Employment of Graduate Students in Assistantship Positions After Graduation
- Termination of a Graduate Student on an Assistantship
- Student Faculty Research Award Reimbursement Form
This form should be used to itemize expenses to be reimbursed from a Student Faculty Research Award.
- Recruitment Funding Reimbursement Form
This form should be used to itemize expenses to be reimbursed from a Recruitment Funding award.
- Departmental Application Fee Waiver Request Form
This form should be used to request that an application fee be waived for an applicant to a program.