The Credentials Committee is responsible for procedures that ensure careful and competent supervision of dissertation research, with the goal to ensure good scholarship, competent management of the process, high academic standards, and completion of dissertations in a timely manner. To this end, the Committee reviews credentials of those who will be recommended to the Graduate Council for approval to direct doctoral dissertations.
Credentials application and materials are due no later than noon one week prior to the date of the committee meeting. Information on procedures for submitting requests for approval is outlined in the Bylaws and in the Guidelines for Credentials Application Submission. Submit requests through the Credentialing Application.
- Broemmel, Amy (Chair)—College of Education, Health and Human Sciences
- Abedi, Reza—UT Space Institute
- Black, Chad—College of Arts and Sciences
- Cruz-Camara, Nuria—College of Arts and Sciences
- Gregor, Jens—Tickle College of Engineering
- Larson, James—College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- Santore, Rudy—Haslam College of Business
- Thompson, Dixie L.—Graduate School
Documents and Resources
Credentials Committee meetings will take place from 3:45 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in 111A Student Services Building, Graduate School Conference Room.