The mission of the Graduate Council is to promote excellence in graduate education at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. The Graduate Council establishes standards for admission, retention, and graduation; assesses curricular revisions and new proposals for graduate programs; evaluates interdisciplinary, intercollegiate and international programs; approves individuals to direct doctoral dissertations; and considers new initiatives and other matters of policy pertaining to graduate programs. Graduate Council is a special committee of the Faculty Senate that works closely with the Graduate School and a variety of other campus bodies to fulfill its mission.
Documents and Resources
Graduate Council meetings will take place from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in room 102 of the Frieson Black Cultural Center
Graduate Council News
- Academic Policy Committee Meeting – November 16 - The Academic Policy Committee will have their next meeting on November 16, 2017 from 2:00–3:00 p.m. in Student Services Building room 111.
- Credentials Committee Meeting – November 16 - The Credentials Committee will have its next meeting on November 16, 2017 from 3:45–5:00 p.m. in Student Services Building room 111.
- Graduate Associate Deans Meeting – November 9 - The next meeting of the Graduate Associate Deans will be November 9, 2017 from 2:00–3:30, location to be determined.
- Curriculum Committee Meeting – November 2 - The next meeting of the Curriculum Committee will be November 2, 2017 from 3:45–5:00 in Room 405 of the Student Services Building.
- Graduate Council Meeting – October 26 - The next Graduate Council meeting will be October 26, 2017 from 3:00–5:00 in room 102 of the Frieson Black Cultural Center.