The mission of the Graduate Council is to promote excellence in graduate education at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. The Graduate Council establishes standards for admission, retention, and graduation; assesses curricular revisions and new proposals for graduate programs; evaluates interdisciplinary, intercollegiate and international programs; approves individuals to direct doctoral dissertations; and considers new initiatives and other matters of policy pertaining to graduate programs. Graduate Council is a special committee of the Faculty Senate that works closely with the Graduate School and a variety of other campus bodies to fulfill its mission.
Documents and Resources
Graduate Council meetings will take place from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in room 102 of the Frieson Black Cultural Center.
Graduate Council News
- Graduate Council Meeting – April 27th - The last meeting of the Graduate Council for this academic year will be held on April 27th from 3:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m. in Frieson Black Cultural Center Room 102.
- Academic Policy Committee Meeting – April 20th - The Academic Policy Committee will meet on April 20th, 3:45 p.m.–5:00 p.m. in 111 Student Services Building.
- Credentials Committee Meeting – April 20th - The Credentials Committee will meet on April 20th, 3:45 p.m.–5:00 p.m. in 111 Student Services Building.
- Graduate Associate Deans Meeting – April 13th - The Graduate Associate Deans will meet on April 13th from 2:00 p.m.–3:30 p.m. in the 4th Floor Conference Room, in Andy Holt Tower.
- Graduate Associate Deans Meeting March 9 - The next meeting of the Graduate Associate Deans will be March 9, 2017 from 2:00 p.m.–3:30 p.m. in the 4th floor conference room in Andy Holt Tower.