The mission of the Graduate Council is to promote excellence in graduate education at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. The Graduate Council establishes standards for admission, retention, and graduation; assesses curricular revisions and new proposals for graduate programs; evaluates interdisciplinary, intercollegiate and international programs; approves individuals to direct doctoral dissertations; and considers new initiatives and other matters of policy pertaining to graduate programs. Graduate Council is a special committee of the Faculty Senate that works closely with the Graduate School and a variety of other campus bodies to fulfill its mission.
Documents and Resources
Graduate Council meetings will take place from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in room 102 of the Frieson Black Cultural Center
Graduate Council News
- Academic Policy Committee Meeting – February 22 - The Academic Policy Committee will have their next meeting on February 22, 2018 from 2:00–3:00 p.m. in Student Services Building room 111.
- Graduate Council Meeting – February 8 - The next Graduate Council meeting will be February 8, 2018 from 3:00–5:00 in room 102 of the Frieson Black Cultural Center.
- Graduate Associate Deans Meeting – February 8 - The next meeting of the Graduate Associate Deans will be February 8, 2018 from 2:00–3:30, location to be determined.
- Curriculum Committee Meeting – January 25 - The next meeting of the Curriculum Committee will be January 25, 2018 from 2:00–5:00 in Room 405 of the Student Services Building. Please note the earlier start time.
- Academic Policy Committee Meeting – January 18 - The Academic Policy Committee will have their next meeting on January 18, 2018 from 2:00–3:00 p.m. in Student Services Building room 111.