The Graduate School recognizes that the impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19) present unique challenges to our graduate and professional students. We have prepared these pages to provide updates to our students. Although the primary source of information regarding the impact of COVID-19 on the UT community is the UT Coronavirus webpage, these pages provide information specific to graduate and professional students.
- Graduate Student Orientations—Preparing new students for academic success
- Graduation Forms—How COVID-19 affects the processing of graduation forms
- Graduation Deadlines—Get the deadlines for spring 2021
- Thesis/Dissertation/Project Defense—Virtual defenses (guidelines and tips)
- International Students—Impacts of COVID-19 on international graduate students
- Learning Online—Rethinking how to learn in an online environment
Graduate Student Senate Awards
Given the impact of COVID-19 on professional conferences, GSS has revised the travel awards for 2020-2021. Visit the GSS website for details on available funding.
Hooding Ceremony Spring 2021
The spring 2021 commencement ceremonies will be in-person, to allow graduates to have that direct experience of being recognized along with fellow graduates, friends and family in attendance. Learn more about the hooding ceremony for spring 2021.