As Vice Provost and Dean of the Graduate School at UT, my focus is to ensure a high-quality educational experience for our graduate and professional students. I oversee a dedicated staff of professionals who are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment in which all can thrive. We work to bring a student-centered focus to all that we do.
During the summer of 2021, the Graduate School established our priorities for the following year. Implementation of this plan is already under way. As a part of this plan, the Graduate School will:
- Champion diversity and inclusion in support of student success
- Capitalize on communication tools to promote programs and support student success
- Improve operations to enhance the experience of GS staff, faculty, staff, and students
- Promote student success through a student-centric approach to our work
- Partner with collaborators in support of the university’s Strategic Vision.
At its core, graduate education is about pushing boundaries, expanding knowledge, and creating opportunities. We continue to evolve our approaches to providing service to our students and the university community. I encourage our students to consider the Graduate School as a resource, and not just an office where forms are submitted. An example of how we provide service is through professional development offerings. Adding professional development to one’s academic journey can help better prepare graduates for career opportunities.
As we enter into the 2021–22 school year, I am excited about the possibilities ahead of us. Although challenges are sure to come our way, the Graduate School staff is available and ready to assist prospective and current students. Feel free to reach out to us if we can be of assistance.