As Vice Provost and Dean of the Graduate School at UT, my focus is to ensure a high-quality educational experience for our graduate and professional students. I oversee a dedicated staff of professionals who are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment in which all can thrive. We work to bring a student-centered focus to all that we do.
The Graduate School works alongside departments and colleges to support our graduate and professional programs. As a part of this work, the Graduate School is committed to:
- championing diversity and inclusion in support of student success
- capitalizing on communication tools to promote programs and support student success
- improving operations to enhance the experience of Graduate School staff, faculty, staff, and students
- promoting student success through a student-centric approach to our work; and
- partnering with collaborators in support of the university’s Strategic Vision.
At its core, graduate education is about pushing boundaries, expanding knowledge, and creating opportunities. We continue to evolve our approaches to providing service to our students and the university community. I encourage our students to consider the Graduate School as a resource, and not just the office where you submit forms. One way we serve graduate and professional students is by coordinating with other offices to provide professional development offerings. Adding professional development to one’s academic journey can help better prepare graduates for career opportunities.
As we enter into a new academic year, I am excited about the possibilities ahead of us. Although challenges are sure to come our way, the Graduate School staff is available and ready to assist prospective and current students. Feel free to reach out to us if we can be of assistance.