The mission of University Honors is to enrich each scholar’s experience by offering unique opportunities that support our core values of intellectual curiosity, critical awareness, social responsibility, and personal integrity.
Responsibilities and Duties
The specific duties for this position include:
- creating graphics and other creative content
- assist with communication efforts, i.e. Canvas site and website
- preparing and distributing student newsletter
- assisting with community service and student engagement events
- leading at least one Honors Alternative Break each year in collaboration with the Jones Center for Leadership and Service (fall or spring)
- other duties as assigned
Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree at the time of employment and be in or able to matriculate into a graduate program at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion and relate well to students, have a positive attitude, possess an impeccable work ethic, demonstrate ability to develop programming, be organized, and have excellent communication skills. Candidates should have the maturity, leadership, and personal qualities that lead to appropriate boundaries with students and confidentiality regarding student records.
Compensation and Term
- tuition waiver and medical insurance
- $18,000 stipend
- 20 hours/week; 12 months
- preferred start date August 1, 2023
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Sarah Hunter at email@example.com by April 14, 2023.
For more open positions, visit our Graduate Assistantships page.