Virginia Tech’s Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship program has expanded to include four distinct tracks and opportunities that may be of interest to late-stage PhD students and recent graduates.
This program seeks to broadly prepare postdocs for the next step in their careers, providing a two-year appointment with nationally competitive salaries and benefits.
The next proposal due date is Nov. 15. The program will continue in 2023 with cycle application dates to be determined.
Fellowships will be awarded in four tracks, each welcoming diverse applicants from various fields:
- Research Frontiers
- Science Policy
Postdoctoral fellows selected for the program will receive:
- Two-year appointments with nationally competitive salaries and benefits
- $10,000 for training and professional development-related expenses
- Mentoring and professional development support
- Must be no more than three years past earning their PhD.
- Must expect to complete their PhD prior to the start of their fellowship
Interested applicants to the Research Frontiers, Cybersecurity, and Innovation tracks should identify a Virginia Tech faculty mentor to work collaboratively on a three-page proposal for submission prior to the next cycle deadline: Nov. 15, 2022.
Research and Innovation proposals will be evaluated on:
- ability to build towards Virginia Tech research presence and portfolio in goals for the track
- ability to enhance research and scholarship of the faculty mentor
- ability to enhance the professional development of the postdoc
- qualifications and the ability to diversify Virginia Tech’s research enterprise
Visit the website to learn more or contact Chris Smith, PhD (email@example.com) with any questions.