The Global Research Office, housed within the Center for Global Engagement, seeks to hire a graduate research assistant who will assist with two main projects over the course of the academic year. In the fall semester, the focus is on the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and specifically collecting the data required for the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings submission. For three years the Center for Global Engagement and the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment have collaborated to submit data for the Impact Rankings, addressing multiple SDGs that the campus. Their goal for 2022 is to submit data representing 13 SDGs for UT’s campus.
During the spring semester, the focus is on international grants and supporting in-depth analyses of and interpreting quantitative data representing these grant awards. The data analyses and information will be featured on the CGE website and will highlight institutional strengths and opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- serve in a leadership role for collecting data for the Impact Rankings
- research relevant data from a variety of sources used to document impact in 13+ areas
- conduct analyses on grant funding data
- interpret data analyses
- facilitate development of dashboard for displaying data
- other duties as assigned
All successful candidates must:
- be enrolled in a graduate degree program at UT, taking at least 6 hours of graduate credit per semester, and be in good academic standing
- have strong data analytics skills
- experience with both Excel and Power BI
- have strong organizational and communication skills
- be self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- a familiarity with the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- experience working in an office environment
This is a 12-month, 50% FTE position (ideally running from August 1–July 31) and includes a full tuition waiver (including out-of-state tuition), student health insurance, and a monthly stipend.
Interested applicant should submit a cover letter and resume to Jamie McGowan, Director of the Global Research Office, firstname.lastname@example.org. Application will review will begin July 18 and will continue until the position is filled. This position is open now and will start in fall 2022.