The Office of Online Learning & Academic Programs is starting their Fall 2021 Brown Bag series tomorrow at noon with a session about strategies for increasing engagement in online synchronous classes. This session, entitled “Creating Student Interaction in an Online Synchronous Classroom,” will be lead by Brian Stevens, senior lecturer in business analytics at the Haslam College of Business.
The schedule for the rest of the year includes the following:
- September 10, Part I—Practices that Enhance Student Success in an Online Class
- September 10, Part II—Setting Up Your Online Course From A Feminist Pedagogy Perspective
- September 17, Part I—Stress Management: Addressing Your Health Through Nutrition And Wellness
- September 17, Part II—“Not Another Speech?” Designing Innovative Opportunities for Effective Student Communication
- October 22—Faculty Panel: Lessons Learned from Teaching Online for the First Time
- November 5, Part I—Faculty Panel: Lessons Learned from Teaching Online for the First Time
- November 5, Part II—Using Virtual Reality for Experiential Learning in a Language Classroom
- November 19—Incorporating Activities to Foster Soft Skills
The series is a great professional development opportunity for graduate students! Be sure to register for this first session.