The Honors and Scholars Programs Office is seeking to fill a Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) position that will begin August 1, 2021. It is a 12-month position, which may be renewed. Compensation includes $1250 monthly stipend and tuition waiver.
This position will be expected to do the following:
- Assist the Student Engagement Coordinator with planning and implementation of student engagement activities
- Maintain Student Engagement communications, including but not limited to, H&S Canvas site and weekly newsletter
- Develop and implement weekly Honors and Scholars Living and Learning Community activities with the direction of the Student Engagement Coordinator
- Organize and lead multiple monthly service activities
- Participate in H&S Volbreaks during Fall and Spring breaks
- Provide general support to the Honors and Scholars Program Office as needed
Requirements and Expectations
- GRA applicants should expect to frequently interact with students, faculty, and staff across the university
- This assistantship is a 20-hour-per-week position with the expectation that work will often be performed on nights and weekends
- Enrollment in at least six graduate credit hours per semester (including summers) at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville campus is required
To express interest in the position, submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to by e-mail to Dr. Matt Blaylock (email@example.com). Applications will be accepted through June 15th.