The Graduate School is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all Vols and we are committed to eliminating institutional racism. Learning to be effective allies is an important step in combating racism. A reading list is available, inspired by last week’s RockyTopics session on allyship and anti-racism. The list includes:
- How to be an Antiracist by Ibram Kendi
- White fragility : why it’s so hard for White people to talk about racism by Robin DiAngelo
- “Why are all the Black kids sitting together in the cafeteria?” and other conversations about race by Beverly Daniel Tatum
- “America’s Racial Contract Is Killing Us” by Adam Serwer | Atlantic (May 8, 2020)
- “Who Gets to Be Afraid in America?” by Dr. Ibram X. Kendi | Atlantic (May 12, 2020)
- PBS’s Teaching Your Child About Black History Month
and many other resources, including videos, films, and organizations.
Please join our efforts and use this list as a starting point to becoming educated and more able to be an effective ally in creating an inclusive society.