If you are planning to do research that involves human subjects, it is important to remember to apply for approval through the Institutional Review Board (IRB) in the UT Office of Research and Engagement. The IRB and the Human Research Protection Program are hosting “IRB 101” workshops throughout the fall semester. These workshops are open to the whole campus and provide an overview of IRB requirements and procedures. The first is Monday, Aug. 28 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in room 235 of the Health, Physical Education and Recreation building.
The full schedule is:
- 8/28: 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. in 235 HPER
- 8/29: 10:00 a.m.–noon in 206 Claxton Education Building
- 8/30: 2:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. in 132 Taylor Law Center
- 9/5: 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m. in A004 Blount Hall
- 9/11: 8:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m. in 321 Communications
- 9/13: 5:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m. in 402 Haslam Business Building
- 9/14: 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. in A004 Blount Hall
Contact the IRB at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Understanding how to get this approval is critical for anyone doing research involving human subjects at UT, so please take advantage of this opportunity!