For all doctoral candidates and many master’s candidates, the creation of the dissertation or thesis is the capstone of their graduate career and signifies the completion of the requirements for graduation. The Graduate School will help students in this process to keep it as smooth and worry-free as possible. The Thesis/Dissertation Consultant is available to assist in many areas:
- to show students resources for research approval and understanding of copyright
- to outline the approval process
- to ensure that theses and dissertations conform to the formatting requirements of the University of Tennessee
- to provide guidance in submitting the work to Trace
- to simplify the completion of the Survey of Earned Doctorates
- to explain the policies around the public availability of theses and dissertations
Besides the information provided on the web, there are workshops offered periodically by the Graduate School and the Office of Information Technology that can give more personal instruction.