Use this form to designate faculty members to serve on your doctoral committee. You may also use this form if you need to add or remove committee members from your current doctoral committee. As you are building your committee, be sure that you have the right number of committee members who are approved to direct dissertations.
- Fill out the student information fields.
- Print the form and obtain the signatures of the committee members who are to serve on the committee.
- If you are adding or removing members to or from your committee, obtain the signatures of each of the committee members being added or removed. Note: if a committee member being removed is no longer at UT, a signature may be waived.
- If you are adding or removing members to or from your commiittee, be certain to provide a reason for the changes to your committee.
- Deliver the signed form to your department head.
- The department head should sign where indicated, if they approve the assignments presented in the form.
- Submit the completed form to the Graduate School for processing in one of the following ways:
- Scan the signed form and email it to email@example.com.
- Send the form by mail to the Graduate School.
- Return the form to the student to deliver the form in person to the Graduate School main office.