The mission of the Graduate Council is to promote excellence in graduate education at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. The Graduate Council establishes standards for admission, retention, and graduation; assesses curricular revisions and new proposals for graduate programs; evaluates interdisciplinary, intercollegiate and international programs; approves individuals to direct doctoral dissertations; and considers new initiatives and other matters of policy pertaining to graduate programs. Graduate Council is a special committee of the Faculty Senate that works closely with the Graduate School and a variety of other campus bodies to fulfill its mission.
Documents and Resources
Graduate Council meetings will take place from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in room 102 of the Frieson Black Cultural Center.
- August 25, 2016 — Minutes
- September 29, 2016 — Agenda
- November 10, 2016
- February 2, 2017
- March 23, 2017
- April 27, 2017
Graduate Council News
- Curriculum Committee Meeting — October 27 - The October meeting of the Curriculum Committee will take place on October 27th in 405 Student Services Building from 3:45 p.m.–5:00 […]
- Academic Policy Committee Meeting — October 20 - The October meeting of the Academic Policy Committee will take place in 111 Student Services Building (the Graduate School conference room) on October 20th from 2:00 p.m.–3:30 p.m.
- Credentials Committee Meeting — October 20 - The October meeting of the Credentials Committee will take place on October 20th in room 111 of the Student Services Building (the Graduate School conference room). The meeting will be from 3:45 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. All current applications should be turned in by October 13th in order to be considered by the committee at this meeting.
- Graduate Associate Deans Meeting — October 13 - The next meeting of the Graduate Associate Deans will be October 13 in room 405 of the Student Services Building from 2:00 p.m. until 3:30 p.m.
- Graduate Council Meeting September 29, 2016 - The next meeting of the Graduate Council will be on September 29, 2016 in room 102 of the Frieson Black Cultural Center from 3:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.