The mission of the Graduate Council is to promote excellence in graduate education at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. The Graduate Council establishes standards for admission, retention, and graduation; assesses curricular revisions and new proposals for graduate programs; evaluates interdisciplinary, intercollegiate and international programs; approves individuals to direct doctoral dissertations; and considers new initiatives and other matters of policy pertaining to graduate programs. Graduate Council is a special committee of the Faculty Senate that works closely with the Graduate School and a variety of other campus bodies to fulfill its mission.
Documents and Resources
Graduate Council meetings will take place from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in room 102 of the Frieson Black Cultural Center.
- August 25, 2016
- September 29, 2016 — Agenda
- November 10, 2016
- February 2, 2017
- March 23, 2017
- April 27, 2017
Graduate Council News
- Graduate Council Meeting September 29, 2016 - The next meeting of the Graduate Council will be on September 29, 2016 in room 102 of the Frieson Black Cultural Center from 3:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Academic Policy Committee Meeting - The first meeting of the Academic Policy Committee will take place on September 15th from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Graduate School Conference Room (111A Student Services Building).
- Credentials Committee Meeting — September 15 - The first meeting of the Credentials Committee will take place on September 15th from 3:45 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the Graduate School Conference Room (111A Student Services Building).
- Graduate Associate Deans Meeting — September 8 - The next meeting of the Graduate Associate Deans will be September 8, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in 405 Student Services Building.
- Curriculum Committee Meeting — September 8 - The first meeting of the Curriculum Committee will take place on September 8th from 3:45 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the 405 Student Services Building.