The mission of the Graduate Council is to promote excellence in graduate education at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. The Graduate Council establishes standards for admission, retention, and graduation; assesses curricular revisions and new proposals for graduate programs; evaluates interdisciplinary, intercollegiate and international programs; approves individuals to direct doctoral dissertations; and considers new initiatives and other matters of policy pertaining to graduate programs. Graduate Council is a special committee of the Faculty Senate that works closely with the Graduate School and a variety of other campus bodies to fulfill its mission.
Documents and Resources
Graduate Council meetings will take place from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in room 102 of the Frieson Black Cultural Center.
Graduate Council News
- Reminder about Graduate Council Meeting - Just a reminder that the next meeting of the Graduate Council will be on February 2, 2017 in room 102 […]
- Academic Policy Committee Meeting January 26, 2017 - The next meeting of the Academic Policy Committee will be January 26, 2017, in room 111 of the Student Services Building from 2:00 p.m.–3:30 p.m.
- Credentials Committee Meeting January 26, 2017 - The next meeting of the Credentials Committee will be January 26, 2017 from 3:45 p.m.–5:00 p.m. in room 111 of the Student Services Building.
- Curriculum Committee Meeting January 19, 2017 - The next meeting of the Curriculum Committee will be January 19, 2017 in room 405 of the Student Services Building. Note that this meeting will start earlier than normal, at 2:00 p.m.
- Graduate Council Meeting February 2, 2017 - The next meeting of the Graduate Council will be on February 2, 2017 in room 102 of the Frieson Black Cultural Center from 3:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.