Graduate assistantships are offered through many departments and colleges. Information concerning these types of assistance can be obtained from the department in which the student plans to study. All assistantships are governed by the Policy for the Administration of Graduate Assistantships.
Graduate Assistantship Openings*
OFFICE FOR DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Graduate Research Assistant
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
September 28, 2015
Department Contact Information:
Name: Sarah Gonzalez
The Office for Diversity and Inclusion is seeking a Graduate Research Assistant to support the work of the Communications Director. The Office for Diversity and Inclusion's communications, marketing, and public relations efforts are critical to advancing diversity and inclusion at UT.
20 hours per week
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Create and distribute monthly internal e-newsletter to be distributed to Office for Diversity and Inclusion units and offices
- Collect, write, and schedule website and social media content
- Develop website, social media, and PR reports that detail Office for Diversity and Inclusion communication and marketing metrics
- Complete website audits that identify broken links and areas for improvement in copy, layout, photography, etc.
- General assistance with conducting research, writing proposals, analyzing data, and creating reports
- Assist with any planned events, activities, website and social media maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- Enrolled in a Graduate Program at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, taking at least 6-credits
- Demonstrated knowledge of diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with diverse individuals, groups, and communities
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational)
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated writing and research proficiencies
- Experience with website maintenance
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Natural curiosity and enthusiasm for learning new information and skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Background in communications, marketing, advertising, or public relations
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign
- Experience with Hootesuite, Mail Chimp, and/or WordPress
- Writing experience
- Research experience
- Experience with data analysis and developing reports
- $1,000 per month.
- Full tuition waiver (in-state or out-of-state) (see tax implications here) (note: student fees, as with other graduate assistantships, are not included in the waiver; tuition waiver does not cover summer courses)
- Graduate Student Health Insurance included
- 20 hours per week
- At will appointment begins January 11, 2016.
- Submit a letter of interest summarizing qualifications, a writing sample, a resume, and the names and contact information for three references to Sarah Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Position will remain open until filled.